October 30, 2016

8 Weeks to Veganism??

I've been contemplating this choice for a year or so now. I feel like I'm constantly battling myself when it comes to my health and eating habits. I have found that the only diets that actually produce results are highly restrictive ones, but the problem is, I can't maintain them. I'll stay on the diet for a few weeks before I get really bored and binge eat on ALLLLL the junk food. I feel like a TOTAL lifestyle change WITH a healthy restriction may work for me.

Soo..... I'm going to try to transition into a vegetarian then a vegan diet in 8 weeks!! I'm not going to beat myself up if I'm not a perfect little vegan at the end of the 8 weeks, but I'm hoping this will be the push I need to get my health and eating problems on track. Each week I will shoot for a new goal and at the end of the 2 months, I will evaluate and adjust anything that became an issue on my journey.

Week 1: Eat remaining meat products in my home while NOT buying any new meat, dairy, or egg products. 
Week 2: Cut out direct milk and cheese. 
Week 3: Eat 1/2 plate of vegetables at every meal.
Week 4: Cut out all meat.
Week 5: Cut out hidden dairy and egg in processed/packaged food. 
Week 6: Create a go-to cookbook with vegetarian/vegan meals, snacks, and desserts.
Week 7: Swap out beauty and household items with natural alternatives. 
Week 8: Evaluate progress and success. Fix any problem areas. 

*Can "cheat" for holidays only
*Must drink at least 3 bottles of water daily
*Walk at least 1 mile a day

I will update you guys with my progress on December 1st which will be the halfway mark. Let's hope things go well and this is something I can actually stick too. CROSSING MY FINGERS!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Speak your mind & I'll return the love!! -Dianna