March 01, 2014

March Challenge: 3 Bad Habits

For 2014 I'm trying really hard to invest in myself. I want to improve my mind, body, and spirit any way I can. So each month this year I'm going to try a new challenge. My February Fitness Challenge worked really well for me. I won't lie and say I stuck with it to a "T" but I did lose 5 pounds and have a bigger desire to workout now. I plan to continue working on my body for the rest of the year and hopefully the rest of my life.
Now, for my mind. For the month of March I want to target my top 3 bad habits and take steps to turn them into good habits. I encourage everyone to do this because it can really benefit you in the long run. Bad habits, especially daily ones, can really cause extra unneeded stress in your life so why not change them? Here are my top 3 bad habits and things I plan to do to change them. 

Bad Habit #1: PROCRASTINATION!!!!
  • I am going to start putting away my laundry ON laundry day and stop living out of my clothes hamper like a crazy woman.
  • I will give myself a minimum of 3 days in advance to study for tests or start my homework and NOT wait until the night before to do it.
  • I will set timers for myself to get tasks done and use momentum to keep getting things done.
Bad Habit #2: SPENDING TOO MUCH MONEY
  • I will make a weekly budget and stick to it.
  • I will pay in cash whenever possible (to physically feel them dollahz leaving my wallet) :(
  • I will pay important bills/expenses first then save as much as possible.
Bad Habit #3: IRREGULAR EATING 
  • I will start eating breakfast (I tend to skip it).
  • I will carry a bottle of water & snack with me when I leave the house.
  • I will try to eat around every 4 hours with snacks in between.

What 3 bad habits do you plan to change?

10 comments:

  1. These are all achievable goals. Would you like to join our fitness Friday linky party? You don't have to write every Friday:-) Here is the link: http://www.savingourstrands.com/2014/02/gym-vs-home-workout-fitness-friday.htm

    Kisses!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. sure I'd love to join. thanks for inviting me!! :)

      Delete
  2. Your entire list fits my bad habits that need to change. I am one to live out of my hamper in order to avoid putting my clean clothes away!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. omg so I'm not alone??? lol yeah its a terrible habit and just ends up in a messy room :( how do you plan to change your bad habits?

      Delete
  3. This is so good! Iove this post & how every month you are doing something to positively influence your mind,body & soul. I would love to do this in a different type of way.. Like going to do yoga for one month, working out & just doing things that better me inside & out!

    Keep up the good work !

    Shamiya

    miyaloves.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl!! It def feels good to do things that improve yourself. I think we focus so much on other crap that we forget to "fix" ourselves. Whenever you down to do some yoga n ish let me know because i'd love to tag along!! lol thanks for commenting honey bunches lol

      Delete
  4. Hi dear, haven't been seeing much of u on my blog lately how are u... Well, I just nominated u for an award on my blog. Check it nkykate2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry for not being as involved.. I guess I've just been more personal blogging than anything. Thank you for nominating me for the award! I will accept/do my post tomorrow!! :)

      Delete
  5. The 1st and 2nd habits u listed have been modified... Wasn't really easy though, but I'm still battling with the 3rd bad habit because I leave the house very early in the morning.

    Hope u are making progress in modifying the bad habits?
    Good luck girl!

    nkykate2.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! So far I'm making progress on all 3. What might help you with not eating in the morning is getting protein shakes, trail mix, bagels, etc that you can grab n go with. That's what I'm doing and so far it's working :) thanks for commenting!!

      Delete

Speak your mind & I'll return the love!! -Dianna