October 18, 2015

Living Life & Feeling Good!

Confidence and control are two powerful forces that can greatly influence your life. 


I feel like I have progressed so much in both areas of my life. It's been forever since the last time I blogged so here's a little update...
  1. I finished my first semester of university and got into/started my Bachelors program
  2. I moved out of my parent's house and into an apartment with a roommate
  3. I quit the job I hated and started working with my Grandmother
  4. I celebrated my 23rd birthday and it was AWESOME!!
  5. I started dating this guy I met on my birthday and so far it's going well. 
For almost a year I seriously dreaded waking up in the morning and having to go about my day like everything was fine. I battled with confidence 24/7 and felt I had no control over the things going on. It took sooooo much for me to snap out of that phase of my life and now I feel so amazing. I can't say I don't struggle with insecurities or anxiety here and there. And I can't say that I'm productive every single day.. but I can say that I'm finally in a place that feels just plain ol GOOD


I don't know for sure what truly helped get me out of that vicious cycle but I do believe moving out and taking control of my life is a big part of it. Living with my family wasn't a big issue but I didn't feel like I was making any progress in my life by staying there. Moving out was probably the best decision because now I'm not depending on my parents and finally feel like an adult. I can come and go as I please, only have to worry about one other person, relax without being bothered, and completely control my environment. I FREAKING LOVE IT!! 

As far as confidence goes, I believe that doing the things I really wanted to do like move out and quit the job I hated boosted my confidence so much. I now feel more confident in the decisions I make to better my life. Being on top of my shit helps so much as well. When I have productive days I feel on top of the world. That sense of accomplishment can do so much for your confidence because you KNOW you got your shit done. 

I hope I can continue to gain more confidence and control and hopefully it spills over into other areas of my life too. My advice to anyone feeling like their confidence and sense of control is not up to par is to stop over analyzing everything and just act! Cross off your to-do list before you go to sleep, make those important decisions, and have faith that you're making the right decision! 

2 comments:

  1. Girl this is good advice you gave at the end. I'm so happy that you feel happier with life in general!
    You should blog more girl, your stuff is interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Girl this is good advice you gave at the end. I'm so happy that you feel happier with life in general!
    You should blog more girl, your stuff is interesting.

    ReplyDelete

Speak your mind & I'll return the love!! -Dianna