First thing first, ya girl is officially 22!!!!! My birthday was last week and me being me, I decided to do something new and girly on my birthday so I got.....drumroll... MY FIRST BRAZILIAN WAX!
Holy shiznick, I love it!! I was terrified to get it at first because obviously you have someone all up in your business with hot wax ripping away. But ladies, it's not as bad as you think. On a scale of 1-10 (10 being the worst) it only hurt about a 5. Plus, it only took 20 minutes AND the place I went to has all kinds of crazy discounts so my first wax was 50% off. SWEEEETT!! I do have a few tips for you ladies to make sure your first Brazilian wax is smoooooth sailing ;)
- Make sure you grow out your pubic hair to about 1/4 inch or longer. You don't want a forest down there but it has to be long enough for the wax to grip to.
- Look up waxing salons in your area and read the reviews. You want a clean and professional environment when dealing with your lady bits not a hole-in-the-wall.
- Do NOT schedule your first waxing while you are on your period! Your lady bits are more sensitive during that time of the month and the first waxing hurts the most... so you do the math. OUCH!
- Freshen up before you drop them draws lol. Save yourself the embarrassment please!
- Hold off from bothering your lady bits for a day or 2. You will be really sensitive afterwards.
- Start exfoliating and moisturizing 3 days after your wax. Keeps the skin looking smooth and sexy for as long as possible :)
- Don't be afraid to ask your waxing specialist anything you have concerns about. You want to make sure you get the most bang for your buck and feel comfortable while doing so.
Fun Fact: The butt crack part of the waxing hurts least of all and only took like 1 minute to do. HAHAHAHAHA